Luscious Lips with Lip Augmentation
Dr. Robert Troell - Las Vegas, NV
Las Vegas, NV & Corona Del Mar, CA
Cosmetic and Facial Plastic Surgeon
Lip Enhancement – Lip Surgery (*)
Want bigger, fuller, gorgeous lips like Angelina Jolie and other famous celebrities?
Lip enhancement and augmentation may enhance one’s facial appearance by creating a fuller more seductive look with luscious lips. This fuller appearance can be achieved by one of three different procedures:
A. adding a substance, such as a dermal or skin filler
B. using one’s own soft tissue, lip tissue itself, fat, pericranial scalp tissue
C. adding a soft, solid, silastic lip implant
Lip enhancement techniques can be divided into two general categories:
Temporary techniques involve an injectable skin or dermal filler that need repeat injections every 6-12 months. The current options include the hyaluronic acid (HLA) fillers to include:
The advantages of the HLA dermal fillers are:
- they are easy to inject
- performed under topical or nerve block local anesthesia
- subtle lip asymmetries can be corrected with fillers
- soft, natural feel
The disadvantages of the HLA dermal fillers are:
- the fillers are temporary, lasting 5-9 months
- each time an injection is necessary is somewhat uncomfortable
- injections of filler into the bulk of the lip are absorbed more rapidly
Also, by using a blunt tip cannula to administer the filler, the procedure is less painful, more rapid recovery with less bruising, little to no risk of injecting into a blood vessel or causing an embolism since the vessels move out of the way of the blunt tip cannula during administration.
Permanent techniques involve the placement of a soft silastic implant (PermaLip) or using the patient’s own soft tissues. The enhancement or augmentation is performed by placing some of one’s own soft tissue into the upper and/or lower lip. Each of these tissues demonstrates their own benefits and limitations.
The permanent options using one’s own soft tissues as a filler include:
- Fat Grafting– harvesting the fat from the Body Jet or VASER liposuction techniques.
- Pericranium- soft tissue taken from underneath the scalp through a small incision
- Scar tissue- scar from a current incision, such as from a tummy tuck or breast augmentation
The permanent options, which alter either the lip position or to show more pink mucosa include:
- a “V – Y” plasty – mucosa inside the mouth is pushed outward to create a fuller lip with more pink color showing.
- Lip Lift – an incision above the upper lip or below the nose to repair a droopy lip and/or to decrease the distance from the upper lip to the bottom of the nose
PermaLip Augmentation (*)
Click images to enlarge
The only current FDA approved permanent technique using synthetic material is the PermaLip.
Before and After PermaLip Augmentation Photos (*):
Click images to enlarge
This is a revolutionary new soft, solid silastic lip implant. It does not deflate, degrade or rupture over time. Although it’s permanent, it is designed for the ease of placement if a patient wishes to achieve a larger or smaller enhancement or even return to the lips original appearance. It does not limit lip movement and provides a natural look.
Lip Augmentation with Fat Grafting
Fat grafting is a good alternative with the benefits of using the patients own tissue with a permanent result, soft natural feel and appearance with 60-80% of the grafted fat remaining permanently. Between one to three sessions are usually required to achieve the patient’s desired lip fullness. The added benefit of fat harvesting is that a body site, usually the abdomen, can have an improved body contour by liposcultping.
The pericranial tissue taken from underneath one’s scalp is an excellent alternative, because:
- there is virtually no visible incision hidden under one’s hair
- 60% of the graft remains permanently
- a smooth natural contour and natural soft lip feel remains
- performed under local anesthesia or with additional intravenous sedation
The limitation of this procedure is:
- a donor site is required to acquire the pericranial tissue
- the procedure to acquire the pericranium takes about 30 minutes
- about 40% of the graft tissue absorbs over the first 3 months
Read information on lip reduction surgery.
Before and After Lip Reduction Photos: Click images to enlarge
PermaLip Las Vegas Patient Testimonial, Lip Enhancement
Contact Dr. Troell’s Office for Your Free Consultation:
Dr. Troell and his staff are happy to discuss the Lip Augmentation procedure with you and answer your questions. Please feel free to call our offices in Las Vegas, Nevada (702) 242-6488 and Corona Del Mar, California (949) 220-0532.
For your free private consultation or appointment click here.
(*) © 2016 Dr. Troell – Beauty by Design | All Rights Reserved
Photographs of people used on the following pages are before and after photos of patients who have undergone surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures described herein and that provide a reasonable indication of typical results of the advertised procedure. Results may vary and this may not be typical of every user. In the event that this Website uses the image of a non-patient model, we will make reasonably attempts to state that the photo used is of a non-patient model.