What is the only FDA approved dermal (skin) filler throughout the entire United States? BELLAFILL
Facial volume replacement is one of the most important aspects of facial rejuvenation. Most aesthetic physicians and patients are aware of the temporary fillers, however, many are not familiar with the permanent filler, known as BELLAFILL (previously called ARTEFILL).
What are the Cosmetic Uses of BELLAFILL?
- Facial Volume Replacement as a result of the atrophy of the aging process. BELLAFILL can be placed everywhere, except the bulk of the lip, for pan-facial rejuvenation.
- Brow Lifting without surgery. By placing a 1/2 syringe along the superior aspect of the brow hair.
- Facial Prominences Enhancement. Instead of only filling in depressions and wrinkles, BELLAFILL can be used to augment or enhance areas such as the Cheeks and the Chin.
- Nasal Cosmetic Enhancement and Nasal Defect Repair. Either naturally or after Rhinoplasty surgery patients may have a deformity that can be completely or partially repaired by the placement of BELLAFILL as a permanent solution.
- Lip Augmentation. Although BELLAFILL cannot be injected into the bulk of the lip, it can be placed along the lip-skin junction, known as the Vermillion Border, as well as to rejuvenate the Cupid’s Bow or philtrum. Lip augmentation can be achieved temporarily by injecting a Hyaluronic Acid (HLA) filler, such as Restylane, Juvaderm or Belotero, or permanent lip augmentation by the placement of a soft silastic implant, known as the “Perma Lip”.
Who should Inject Bellafill?
An advanced injector is paramount. Since BELLAFILL is permanent, the proper location and amount optimizing your appearance for a long-lasting result.
What is Dr Robert Troell’s qualifications and training?
Dr Troell is recognized as an expert and advanced injector by his colleagues. He teaches physicians and nurses twice a year at the Aesthetic Show on advanced injectable techniques, to include dermal fillers and neuromodulators, such as BOTOX and Disport. He is a Stanford University trained, diplomate of five different speciality boards. including the America nBoard of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. Dr Troell is in the top 1% of injectors of Bellafill in the world and the top 1% of Restylane products and Disport in the United States.
What are the possibilities of a complication?
In Dr Troell’s experience, the risk of over-injecting is 0.3%, the risk of a firm area forming in the area of injection is 0.1%. Both of these can be treated with steroid (Triamcinolone) injections with a >95% resolution rate.
How can the injector lower his adverse effects (Discomfort, Bruising and Swelling)?
Knowledge of the facial anatomy, including blood vessels, use of a microcannula, instead of a needle, and adding a diluent of lidocaine (local anesthetic) with epinephrine (stops bleeding and bruising) with bicarbonate as a buffer optimizes outcomes. This technique minimizes adverse effects to include less discomfort during the injection, less or no bruising, and less swelling. Additionally, more accurate filler placement with less tension on the syringe heightens the aesthetic outcome.
What are the Permanent Volume Replacement Alternatives?
- BELLFILL dermal filler. Permanent and precise.
- Facial Fat Grafting. Taking your own